Want DOS Terminal Emulator with 25- & 50-line capability

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Sun Apr 21 11:21:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr16.031404.2089 at grebyn.com> marriott at grebyn.com (Marriott Corp.) writes:
-
-
-Hi folks!
-
-I'm working on a project in which some of our clients will be using DOS
-PC's as their UNIX terminals.  A requirement for some of our users is
-the ability to display more than the normal 24 or 25 lines on the
-screen.   For certain parts of the system we would like to be able to
-display 40 to 50 lines on the screen.  More than 80 columns is not

ZCOMM and Professional-YAM read the number of lines and columns from
the BIOS when they start up.  If your VGA board can be set to
60 lines, ZCOMM and Pro-YAM can use it.  They also can switch to 132
columns for VT1/2xx emulation provided the VGA's BIOS supports such a mode.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF
--
"Many such [diet] programs proffer treatment as though it were established as
effective and safe.   Nothing in the results published by research programs