Hardware freaks Unite (on this one)

Mariusz Stanczak Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com
Wed Apr 24 17:56:31 AEST 1991

In article <326 at kyzyl.mi.org>, tkacik at kyzyl.mi.org (Tom Tkacik) writes:
> On the 3b1 all of the memory runs at full speed.  The 68010 does not use
> any wait states, (even for expansion memory).  A cache
> cannot speed  it up at all.  Just think of your 3b1 as already having
> 4Meg of cache.
Thinking, thinking... hmmm.  Makes sense, and if that's the case, it just
shows how little I know about the hardware... the article in Electronic
Design indeed uses a '030 @ 33MHz, though there's nothing about wait
states (only about a "retry mode" of the '030).  Is 'wait states' all
there is about lower then possible processor performance, or at the
11MHz with 150ns memory such factors (if any) don't come into play?
(just curious).

-Mariusz
INET: Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com
CIS : 71601.2430 at compuserve.com
UUCP: ..!uunet!zardoz!ttank!fbits!Mariusz