Kermit 5A(166) is very jerky

Andy Fyfe andy at cs.caltech.edu
Mon Apr 1 04:57:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar29.200921.24483 at shibaya.lonestar.org> afc at shibaya.lonestar.org (Augustine Cano) writes:
>I have noticed in the latest (5A) kermits is that the OBM doesn't hang up
>properly when exiting with "^\ c" and then q.  Andy was notified of this and
>is passing the bug report to the kermit development team; so no need to
>bother Andy any more about this...  Exiting with "^\ h" and then q works.

Another alternative would be "def off hangup, quit" and use off.  It's
all moot anyway; edit 167 is now available on csvax.  I never noticed
this; the remote systems that I call drop the carrier when I log out,
which hangs up the internal modem and that causes kermit to notice and
return me to the kermit prompt.  The other recent updates on
csvax.cs.caltech.edu (anonymous ftp, directory pub/3b1) are groff
(version 1.01 from 1.00) and perl (version 4.000 from 3.044).

Andy Fyfe					andy at cs.caltech.edu