DOS card on 3b1 and vi

Bill Hyde bill at kpc.com
Mon Apr 1 19:28:05 AEST 1991

New and inexperienced unix user.  I have several text files which were
done in WordPerfect 5.1 running on (with/from?) a DOS card (3.1) on a
3b1.  When I save them as DOS (ascii text) files, I can transfer them
to unix and load them in vi, no problem.  But...

They come up in vi with '^M' where all the RETURNs are placed by WP (HRt)s,
and if I enter:  'more <filename>' they will scroll fine, but I lose a
line of text at the spot where all the 'MORE's appear.

Scrolled with 'pr' (without |more) they are complete, and scroll without
the ^Ms.

I want to e-mail some of them, but the receiver will surely have the
'lost line' problem unless he/she can transfer them back to DOS and WP,
which I can't count on (of course).

Can anybody help me with this one?  Post or e-mail, either will get it.