Anyone tried using a different keyboard on the 3B1?

Daryl Biberdorf n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:32:00 AEST 1991

Having owned my 3B1 for 9 months now, I still don't like the AT&T
keyboard very well.  It's way to 'stiff' feeling and the initial
resistance to a keypress is too high.  I tend to type fast, and it
seems like I'm always skipping characters on it.

Anyway, has anyone tried to use a better keyboard with this box?
Ideally, I'd like a late-model IBM 101-key keyboard, a keyboard
like the Amiga 3000's, or a Northgate model.  How difficult would
this be to do (if no one's already done it)?  How different is
the AT&T keyboard interface from that of a clone?

--Daryl Biberdorf,  n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu  OR  dlb5404 at rigel.tamu.edu
  Texas A&M University