Ksh (newest)

James Birdsall jwbirdsa at amc-gw.amc.com
Sat Feb 16 04:35:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb13.154407.4456 at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (jeffrey templon) writes:
>In article <1991Feb13.142721.26896 at bellcore.bellcore.com> krohn at bae.bellcore.com writes:
>>
>>Nawk would be nice (but perl is better :-).
>
>I think this is not a problem, since GNU Awk (gawk) conforms to nawk
>specifications.  It should run on the 3b1...

Gawk compiles and runs on the 3B1 without trouble. All you have to do is
sit down with the 3B1 manuals and the makefile and figure out what macros
need to be set. I also replaced the alloca.s which came with gawk with the
alloca.s from OSU.

I don't have any awk test suites, but I haven't seen any problems yet.

>  Source code is
>available from the usual place, prep.ai.mit.edu.

Warning: source code is also huge. The uncompressed tar was around 900K as
I recall. It compresses to 400+ K, which is still huge.

--
James W. Birdsall   WORK: jwbirdsa at amc.com   {uunet,uw-coco}!amc-gw!jwbirdsa
HOME: {uunet,uw-coco}!amc-gw!picarefy!jwbirdsa OTHER: 71261.1731 at compuserve.com