Anyone tried using a different keyboard on the 3B1?

Thaddeus P. Floryan thad at public.BTR.COM
Fri Feb 15 00:27:14 AEST 1991

In article <12086 at helios.TAMU.EDU> n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu (Daryl Biberdorf) writes:

>Having owned my 3B1 for 9 months now, I still don't like the AT&T
>keyboard very well.  It's way to 'stiff' feeling and the initial
>resistance to a keypress is too high.  I tend to type fast, and it
>seems like I'm always skipping characters on it.
>
>Anyway, has anyone tried to use a better keyboard with this box?

Wellll, some of the "previously-owned" systems I've bought came with 3B1
keyboards whose "feel" might be to your liking; they were too "soft" for
me and I ended up buying new, taut/tight keyboards for my use.  'Sfunny,
I type extremely fast and have a light touch on the keys but need to have
a positive feedback for accurate typing ... the soft keyboards were the
source of never-ending frustration for me.

Maybe you (or others) want to swap some taut keyboards for soft ones?
Send email.

Thad Floryan [ thad at btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]