help on hard drive for 3b2 (and 7300)

John C Slimick slimick at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Fri Feb 1 11:22:15 AEST 1991

HELP!! The Wren II on my 3b2/400 died quietly last night
and I need to get on the air. What I'd like to do is find
a 5 1/4 Half Height that will get me over the hump in
my UNIX oriented class that I can later (when the Wren II
gets fixed) install in a 7300. The Wren II is a 72 MB
of which about 40 MB is actually being used.

I found one candidate - a Microscience 1090, but that has
1300+   cylinders, too many for the 3b2 idtoolss formatter.

Any suggestions? Pointers to vendors would be appreciated as
well.

john slimick
slimick at unix.cis.pitt.edu