speaker volume [ was Re: Help Understanding PANIC message ]

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Wed Feb 6 09:00:40 AEST 1991

In <1991Jan31.034101.21875 at cbnews.att.com> vjg at cbnews.att.com
	(vincent.j.guinto) writes:

>	- About 4 weeks ago, the speaker lost much of its volume;
>	  now when I use the telephone manager to dial a number,
>	  the touch tones and ringing are virtually inaudible.

It may be a case of dirty contacts on the speaker volume control,
located under the right side of the case, toward the front.  It was
not for many months after I got my machine that I discovered the
control (not being one to read all the directions before powering
up :-).  I'd slide the control back and forth several times.  You
could even squirt some contact cleaner in there the next time you
have the machine open to clean out the dust bunnies.

Good luck!

    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts              {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst