Problem with find(1)

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Wed Feb 6 13:29:50 AEST 1991

In article <286 at ramecs.UUCP> car at ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
>However, the "find . -size +3500c" doesn't work on my 3b1. :-(
>NO files are EVER found - whether larger or smaller than 3500 characters.

My copy of the manual specifically states that the argument to the -size
option is a number of blocks, where a block is defined as 512 bytes.  I
suspect that being able to attach the letter c to the end of the number is
either a BSD feature or a SunOS feature.  To accomplish the intended task
I would recommend using "-size +7" which is a little bit larger than 3500
bytes or "-size +6" which is a little bit smaller.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.newport.ri.us; Work: dhb at quahog.ssd.ray.com
Send comp.sources.3b1 submissions to comp-sources-3b1 at galaxia.newport.ri.us
%% Can I be excused, my brain is full. **