How do you change the ua 'kill' character???

Norman Yarvin yarvin-norman at cs.yale.edu
Sun Feb 10 16:59:47 AEST 1991

wwm at wa8tzg..mi.org (Bill Meahan) writes:
>How the $!@$ do you change the ua line-kill character from '@' to '^U'
>(or something else that doesn't get used in mail addresses, Makefiles, etc)??

Whenever a new window is opened, it gets the default line discipline
settings.  To change those, add an stty command to whatever program is
opening the windows.  This can be done with ua by editing the 'Office' menu
(~/Office or /usr/lib/ua/Office) so that it invokes stty or a shell script
that calls stty.

Yes, it'd be a lot simpler to modify ua, rather than modifying every program
it calls.  A lot faster too.

>Even an 'RTFM' WITH THE F***ING PAGE NUMBER would be appreciated.

Um, that'd be adb(1).

Or rm(1), if you want to replace ua entirely.  Even perhaps uucp(1), if you
wish to use "wind", my replacement for ua.  (That's _replacement_, not
clone.  I don't mean to give the impression that it looks anything like ua,
or is anywhere near as moron-friendly, or is capable of system maintenance.
It does do quite well at hanging around, opening windows, and starting up
processes in them, though.  Archived at osu-cis.)

Norman Yarvin					yarvin-norman at cs.yale.edu
 "Praise the humanities, my boy.  That'll make them think you're broadminded!"
	-- Winston Churchill