3B1 UUCP & Ethernet

J. Steven Harrison steve at jack.sns.com
Sun Feb 17 17:14:43 AEST 1991

I have recently installed an Ethernet board (the AT&T WIN/3B stuff) into
my Unix PC. I am somewhat perplexed though.

There does not seem to be a uucpd available on the system. Does this mean that
I cannot do uucp over the ethernet between other machines on the network?
If so has someone solved this or have an alternative solution. I am
interested in getting this machine to talk to a Sun running SunOS 4.1.1.

Is there a public domain NFS version that has been ported to the 3B1?

The socket library seems to be rather weak also.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If there is a large
response I will summarize and post to the net.
--
J. Steven Harrison			{uunet,pyramid,pacbell}!jack!steve
Systems'n'Software