my 3b1 won't boot at all

Mariusz Stanczak Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com
Sun Feb 24 22:02:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb24.004641.7462 at cbfsb.att.com> jcs at cbnewsb.cb.att.com (John "C". Sucilla) writes:

>Heh....  I don't think I'd drop one from more than 2 inches...
>How do you keep the monitor from breaking its neck when you drop it
>from that height???

Sounds like nothing could hurt it (any)more... seriously, over "woodoo",
anytime, I prefer finding a screwdriver for those umph'teen screws.

[...]
>We opened it up and found
>that the power connector on the motherboard end had a pin go dirty,
>built up a large resistance and overheated to the point of partially
>melting the connectors hood.  We had to clean up the spike and female

Sounds (and looks) familiar... it was soldering time for the connector.
One of the leads completely worked its self loose, and an interminent
circut break had developed... the machine would shut down in warm weather
when the fans were kicking in on higher speed.  It was quite a puzzle.
INET: Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com
CIS : 71601.2430 at compuserve.com
UUCP: ..!uunet!zardoz!ttank!fbits!Mariusz