".GIF" files

Thaddeus P. Floryan thad at public.BTR.COM
Sun Feb 10 19:25:30 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb9.203511.7688 at micrtk.CACTUS.ORG> micro at micrtk.cactus.org
(Ray Schafer) writes:

>Has there not been as much activity in this new 3b1 group as there was
>in unix-pc.general or is it my imagination?

Traffic appears to be normal here (BTR) with some 150+ postings to comp.sys.3b1
during the past 7 days, though nothing in comp.sources.3b1 yet.  I haven't been
posting the usual eleventy-seven articles per day due to extremely heavy work-
load at the office. :-)

Heck, even ol' PORTAL has gotten at least 20 postings during the past week (and
still no comp.sys.3b1)

Things should be picking up; one of the last major hurdles getting "thadlabs"
on the net has been solved: seems SunOS-based systems don't like UUCP-login
names greater than 8 chars, once that was solved (between one of my feeds),
connectivity seems OK, so now the "fun" begins.

One thing that pleasantly surprised me (on the 3B1) was that it took only 12
minutes (wall time) to process the entire set of USA maps ... I seem to recall
someone last year claiming it required hours to do that.  Not complaining.

Thad Floryan [ thad at btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]