Device Driver Docs

Thomas J. Pusateri pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu
Tue Feb 12 05:24:24 AEST 1991

In article <1324 at ecicrl.ocunix.on.ca> clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca (Chris Lewis) writes:

>>	Format		Number of Votes
>
>>	troff	ms		8
>>	troff	mm		1
>>	tex			1
>>	latex			0
>
>Bizarre.  3b1's don't come with -ms.  At least in 3.5.1.4 it didn't.
>Did -ms appear later?
>--

Well unfortunately, the 3b1 doesn't come with any troff macro sets. It only
came with nroff man macros and nroff mm macros. I think most people
suggested troff ms macros because it was easy to get a hold of. Any BSD
derived system comes with them and the FSF's groff also now includes
ms macros. They may be freely obtainable from uunet, I can't remember
where I saw them. On the other hand, unless you already have another AT&T
system with mmt then getting mm macros would either be expensive or illegal.

Tom Pusateri
Duke University