Floppy controller based cartridge for 3b1?

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.att.com
Thu Feb 21 22:55:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb21.021757.6924 at ceilidh.beartrack.com> dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) writes:
[]
"	It might work!  Does anyone have access to one of these and the tape
"controller for the 3B1?  I would be willing to try if someone can lend a
"drive.  (Or perhaps the pin-out for the drive first, just to check for
"design stupidity like putting raw +12V on a pin that the controller thinks
"is a ttl input or output.)  I seem to remember one or two pins on the ground
"side of the connector being used for something in the floppy tape drive we
"have.  The 40MB version may simply use more tracks, or slower tape
"speed/denser recording, or perhaps rll :-) ? ?
"
"	If someone does have access to both ends of the question, please try
"and post results.

the 40M qic-40 drive is *completely* different, which is not to say you
couldn't write a driver for it using the controller card.
hardware might also not be a big problem, but the drive was meant to plug into
the floppy-drive ribbon cable, not the controller's db-37.

my goal is to make it run off the *internal* controller...

--
Ragged Individualist	| 			JAAAAAAANE!		       |