looking for graph software

Daryl Biberdorf n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu
Fri Feb 8 08:23:30 AEST 1991

In article <28 at pute.UUCP> jwalp at pute.UUCP (+John H. Walpole+) writes:

>I am looking for a software package that will take a
>group of numbers and draw a graph.  Using the numbers input.
>This graph could be a bar graph, pie chart, or a line chart.
>Is there any pd software for the 3b1 that will do anything
>like this??

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing, but gnuplot may do what you
want.  It's a gneral-purpose plotting program that's able to
do various plots of both mathematical functions and data you provide.

It can do basic "plot big dots at the data points" plots, "connect
those points with lines", "draw a smooth curve", "make big dots AND
connect them with lines", and "use little dots for a scatter plot"
sorts of things.  The version we have on our VMS system here
can write output for all sorts of video and plotter/printer devices.
(I'm not sure what the version on osu/cis provides.)

The file for gnuplot is gnuplot.cpio.Z in the pub/att7300 directory
on cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu.

Hope this helps.

--Daryl Biberdorf,  n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu OR
                    dlb5404 at rigel.tamu.edu