HDB and async_main

Ray Schafer micro at micrtk.CACTUS.ORG
Thu Feb 14 18:54:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb13.120647.5819 at dms3b1.uucp> dave at dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) writes:
>In article <1991Feb12.182240.23571 at micrtk.CACTUS.ORG> micro at micrtk.CACTUS.ORG (Ray Schafer) writes:
>|In article <1991Feb11.192322.9824 at cbnewsk.att.com> jfv at cbnewsk.att.com writes:
>|>[Question on how to use HDB and async_main]
>|
>|On OSU, there used to be the HDB stuff.  If you have that, you can
>|install it on top of async_main (ATE disc).  I have a modified version
>|of that disc that is compatible with HDB,
>|
>|Comments???
>
>What is the problem?  I use the async_main (I'm assuming that means
>the terminal emulator built into the phone manager, right?), and installed
>HDB from the STORE right over top of it, and it still continues
>to run just as it did.  I don't recall that I changed anything.
>What is it that doesn't work?

Right.  It works if you install HDB on Top of ATE.  Problem comes only
if you have to do a system restore.  You have to put the HDB on last..
after you put the phone manager, and ATE.  The reason is due to some
UA specific stuff from the phone manager like: /usr/lib/ua/Phones.form,
/usr/lib/ua/Phonesinit.for, /usr/bin/Phones.sh, /usr/bin/Phonesinit.sh,
and from ATE: /usr/bin/CMB232.sh, /usr/bin/RS232.sh,
/usr/lib/ua/CMB232.menu, /usr/lib/ua/RS232a.form, /usr/lib/ua/RS232b.form
/usr/lib/ua/RS232d.form, and /usr/lib/ua/RS232e.form.
The versions of these which come with Phone manager, and ATE must be
replaced by the HDB versions.  That's all.  Actually, if you can set
things up without using ua, no problem.   All I did was to remake the
ATE and Phone Manager installation discs using the HDB ua files above
instead of the ones that came on them. That way, it doesn't matter if
you put the ATE disc or Phone manager on top of HDB or not.  If you
have to remove a package, you can just put it back in instead of
having to put it back in and then put HDB back in on top.  Pretty
simple really.  (while I was at it, I also put the pertinent Fix disk
stuff on the discs as well.) I used them alot until I got the tape
drive. :-)

--
Ray Schafer                 |Internet:
5004 Emerald Forest Circle  |micro at micrtk.cactus.org
Austin, Texas 78745         |UUCP:..!cs.utexas.edu!bigtex!micrtk!micro
+1 (512) 441-1010           |"All we are saying is give peace a chance"