HDB and async_main

j.f.van valkenburg jfv at cbnewsk.att.com
Tue Feb 19 03:25:41 AEST 1991

The main reason I posted a question about using async_main with HDB is that
I got nastigrams from my 7300 saying that tty000 was not configured for
outdialing, or something to that effect. I also want to use the uugetty
feature from HDB.

I also have found on the new machines that the termcap file is an antique
and the terminfo files govern.

I have found that the "s4" difinitions of SVR2 and SVR3's are ok but for
 other machines they areno existant . The standard ansi 3.64 or vt100 is
a standard. I like the UA PHONE concept(no flames please) and have used the
UA as a way of showing these new kids that a working windows environment
has been around since they were in high school.

I do admit that the vt100 emulation on the 7300 is "ODD". I still go
for the cursor arrow keys and get strange characters in my files.

Thanks,

James F. Van Valkenburg         a.k.a.  "van"
AT&T 				Attmail: !jfv               jfv at cbnewsk.att.com
Atlanta, GA.			Voice  404-873-7920