RTC precision?

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Thu Feb 28 06:51:48 AEST 1991

I know that in weeks past, there was a big string on how to get an
accurate timer to deal with times less than one second.  Here's a
trick question - does the hardware keep track of time less than one
second in duration?  A VAX (and I know that a 3B1 is *no* vax :-)
keeps a register that increments every microsecond.  Is there some
sort of hidden register like that on our machine?

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey