OBM <--> Telebit incompatibility: SUMMARY

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Thu Feb 21 18:20:05 AEST 1991

	(Gary S. Trujillo [me] ) writes:

> > [ stuff about autobauding ]

> Yes.. that's a fairly simple thing to do ..

> but *WHY* do this?  I run mine (3b1 with TB+) with the interface
> speed locked at 19200 and have no problem...

Since you ask, I cite two reasons:

  1. With the interface speed locked, UNIXpc OBMs have trouble
     talking to Telebit modems.

  2. It takes forever for an interrupt signal to be acted on with
     interface speed locked, since there's a whole bunch of char-
     acters buffered up in the modem.

    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts              {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst