Benchmark articles posted (long)

Bill Meahan wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org
Sun Feb 17 09:36:33 AEST 1991

In article <1071 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:
>I've posted two articles, one to ONLY comp.sys.3b1,
>and the other ONLY to unix-pc.general.
>These two articles are <1068 at hico2.UUCP> and <1069 at hico2.UUCP> .
>If aliasing is working correctly, somewhere the unix-pc.general
>article will start appearing in the comp.sys.3b1 group.

  [...]
>SUMMARY FOLLOWS
>===============
>(all articles considered were posted to ONE newsgroup)
>
>Systems that I haven't seen comp.sys.3b1 articles come through,
>that I have seen unix-pc.* articles come through:

  [...]
>sharkey
  [...]
>umich
  [...]
>wa8tzg

Hmmmm.  Here at wa8tzg I get fed from sharkey which is happily feeding
me BOTH unix-pc.* AND comp.{sys | sources}.3b1.  umich also feeds pmsmam
(my machine at work) BOTH groups.

I know I'M running Cnews (15-Dec-1990) with the unix-pc.* aliased to
comp.{sys|sources}.3b1.  I think sharkey is also a Cnews site.

This MAY be munging up your statistics.
--
Bill Meahan (WA8TZG)             |   Programming is simple:
wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org  OR            |