".GIF" files

The QRPer k2ph at cbnewsj.att.com
Thu Feb 7 08:57:17 AEST 1991

>From article <1991Feb6.152706.9487 at ombrage.mi.org>, by steveb at ombrage.mi.org (Steve Barber):
> In article <57 at morwyn.UUCP> forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:
>>I'm looking for a way to view standard ".GIF" files on the 3B1...
>>there MUST be a way... but I have no idea, and would appreciate it
>>if someone out there could let me know.
>
> Yes, there's a way.  Download the PBMPLUS utilities, and then pick up
> my pbmto3b1 program from osu-cis.  You'll need libpbm.a from the PBMPLUS
> stuff to compile pbmto3b1, and you'll need the other PBMPLUS utilities to
> do the format conversions.  Once you've got it all built, you can do this:
>
> giftoppm < filename.gif | ppmtopgm | pgmtopbm | pbmto3b1

This is what I do on my system as well.  Now for the 64 dollar question:

Is there a way of viewing ".GIF" files on the 3B1 that doesn't take
3 minutes per picture?  :-)

* These lines were added so our news posting program *
* doesn't barf.  Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.   *

Bob Schreibmaier K2PH  | UUCP: att!oblivion!k2ph or k2ph at oblivion.att.com
AT&T Bell Laboratories | ARPA: k2ph%oblivion at att.arpa
Lincroft, N.J. 07738   | ICBM: 40o21'N, 74o8'W