PEGASYS

Thaddeus P. Floryan thad at public.BTR.COM
Tue Feb 19 22:28:23 AEST 1991

car at ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) in <292 at ramecs.UUCP> writes:

	My 3b1 came shipped with PEGASYS (a CAD graphics package) installed on
	the hard disk. No floppies, no manual. It is a "test drive" version of
	PEGASYS.

	From what I've heard, not all 3b1's have PEGASYS. Since this is a
	"test drive" version of PEGASYS, would it be "against the law" to
	share it with others?  The "test drive" version won't let you save
	your drawing until your register the product.
	[...]

If it clearly says "test drive" (or somesuch), I wouldn't see any problems
with it being archived at, say, osu-cis.  I just checked the AT&T Software
Products Catalog and the 1988 UNIX Products Directory and could not find
PEGASYS or any variation of that name, so maybe it never made it to market.

My recollection is that some company in Alameda or Berkeley (Calif.) was
developing a product by that name some time ago, maybe what you have is it.
If there's a company name or phone number in that "test drive"'s docs, you
may wish to contact them and see what THEY say!

Thad Floryan [ thad at btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]