HDB and async_main

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Tue Feb 19 14:43:56 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb18.162541.16654 at cbnewsk.att.com> jfv at cbnewsk.att.com (j.f.van valkenburg) writes:

>The main reason I posted a question about using async_main with HDB is that
>I got nastigrams from my 7300 saying that tty000 was not configured for
>outdialing, or something to that effect. I also want to use the uugetty
>feature from HDB.

	Have you also installed the HDBadmin package?  If so, you should be
able to go into the 'install' login, select admin, then serial port setup,
and tell the system that it is connected to a modem, and is used for both
logins and outgoing calls, and it should set up the appropriate 'uugetty'
line in /etc/inittab.  Here's one which was used for a direct line to
another 3b1 in my house. NOTE THE LEADING SPACE! it is necessary.  You might
have to edit the line after the admin stuff gets done, since it may not
believe that a modem can be used at 9600 or so.

 000:2:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -r -t60 tty000 9600

	I don't usually worry about what flag files are set up for this, I
just let ua deal with them for me, unless it is outside the ken of ua.  This
way I keep (some of) my sanity, while dealing with 3 unix-pcs, one v7
system, and a BSD4.2, all at home.  When it was just the v7, I knew every
detail of how to make it perform, but things have gotten more complicated,
and in diverging directions. :-)

	Good Luck
		DoN.
--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564