HD problems..

Marc Anderson andersom at spot.Colorado.EDU
Sat Feb 16 07:25:39 AEST 1991

Recently I purchased a miniscribe 3085 harddrive because my old 20 megger
died on me...  For some reason, the diagnostics software doesn't
recognize my new drive.  (RE-CAL errors/etc, when attempting to format it
under the "other drives" menu...  (giving the number of cylinders and stuff))

I'm running this on a pretty old 7300 (not 3b1)..  Any ideas?

Could it be my power supply?  (can I use an external power supply or
something?)

thanks....

(if following up to this, could you also send your response in e-mail
if possible?  thanks a lot...  [andersom at spot.Colorado.EDU])

-Marc