List of replacement hard drives for 3b1

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Feb 12 06:22:54 AEST 1991

In article <434 at yonder.UUCP> michael at yonder.UUCP (Michael E. Haws) writes:
>In article <433 at yonder.UUCP>, michael at yonder.UUCP (Michael E. Haws) writes:
>> I would like to compile a list of replacement hard drives for the 3b1
>> that people are currently using.  If I could get folks to email
>> me with disk info (make,model,size,price,access time,where purchased,
>> satisfaction level, etc).  I will summarize if anyone expresses an interest.
>>

>I posted this a week or so ago and got very little response.

Craig Votava (att!ihlpm!cmv) used to maintain the list.  I have a
*very* old copy, if you want it.

I also thought that the OSU archives had a copy of this list.
Realistically speaking, any standard MFM will work.  Any drive from
the lowly Seagate ST-506 to the huge Maxtor XT-2190 will work,
although some need minor motherboard surgery to handle the increased
number of heads.

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey