problems with graphics under TAM

Norman Yarvin yarvin-norman at cs.yale.edu
Tue Feb 19 08:40:22 AEST 1991

tcamp at uncecs.edu (Ted A. Campbell) writes:
>(1) What happened to /dev/tty under TAM?

A call to setpgrp() might fix this.  I think setpgrp() sets the terminal
associated with your device; this in in some way a 'process group'.

>   close( 0 );
>   close( 1 );
>   close( 2 );

Put it here

>   w_id = open( "/dev/window", O_RDWR );
>   dup( w_id );
>   dup( w_id );

or here; see which works.

>Normally I accomplish this by taking hold of /dev/tty
>and altering its parameters so that a read() of the keyboard
>(/dev/tty) will return immediately if it does not succeed.

Why don't you just dup() your file descriptor, and alter the copy?

Norman Yarvin					yarvin-norman at cs.yale.edu
 "Obviously crime pays, or there'd be no crime." -- G. Gordon Liddy