Anyone tried using a different keyboard on the 3B1?

Yong Ren,,, yren at idunno.Princeton.EDU!phoenix.UUCP
Sat Feb 16 08:01:35 AEST 1991

> In article <12086 at helios.TAMU.EDU> n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu (Daryl Biberdorf) writes:
>
>Having owned my 3B1 for 9 months now, I still don't like the AT&T
>keyboard very well.  It's way to 'stiff' feeling and the initial
>resistance to a keypress is too high.  I tend to type fast, and it
>seems like I'm always skipping characters on it.
>
>Anyway, has anyone tried to use a better keyboard with this box?

I don't know whether some other keyboards will fit this machine, but when
I bought my new keyboard from Discovery Electronics, they told me there
are two kinds of keyboards for 3b1, one feels softer than the other. I
got the softer one, and most of my friends who have used my machine think the
keyboard feels much better than those on IBM PC or Mac's. And isn't it
cheap! $35 dollars for both the new keyboard and mouse, with two telephone
cables.