Help w/Unix-pc Clock battery

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Mon Feb 18 08:21:17 AEST 1991

In article <9102170107.AA06852 at melmac.umd.edu> jim at melmac.umd.edu (Elie W. Mansour) writes:
>Does any one knwo where I can get a spare internal clock battery
>for my 7300 unix pc??

	Sure!  Just about any computer store in the area.  The battery which
is used in the unix-pc is soldered into the motherboard.  I dislike this,
since it means that the same points must be re-soldered every few years.

	What I have done with mine is to replace the battery with a holder
for a coin-style battery.  The one which I use is the Rayovac BR2325.  It is
listed as a Lithium calculator/watch battery.  The holder I purchased from
Arcade Electronics, in Anandale, VA. This is not too far from your location
in D.C.  It will fit in the same holes that the original battery is soldered
to, and you will never need to re-solder those points again.  Be sure to
note the polarity of the original battery, and check the polarity of the
holder BEFORE you solder it in.  The TOP contact strap is the (+) side, and
the bottom one is the (-).

	I am sure that there are other places in the Washington, D.C. area
that carry the holder, but I KNOW about this one location.  (There are three
almost identical holders in three adjacent bins.  The one which you need for
that battery is the largest of the three.  (They are physically the same
size, but are designed to hold different diameters of batteries.).

	Good Luck
		DoN.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564