HDB and async_main

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Tue Feb 12 14:41:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb11.192322.9824 at cbnewsk.att.com> jfv at cbnewsk.att.com (j.f.van valkenburg) writes:

   [...]

>I would like use the UA's phone (no flames please) with HDB. I like HDB and
>use it all the time on my 3b2's and want to use it on my 7300. My question is
>"How do I use the async_main with it?" I need the vt100 emulation, because s4,
>7300,unix-pc isn't known outside AT&T or the loyal followers.
>
>I have looked at the related messages on OSU and can't find a thing.

	It works with HDB present.  Since async_main doesn't depend on the
uucp tables/programs, it doesn't matter which you use.  async_main uses the
ph system's databases.  About the only thing that ph and uucp share are the
lockfiles, and HDB was configured to put them in the old location to
maintain compatability with the ph stuff.

	Don't worry - it works
		DoN.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564