Help w/Unix-pc Clock battery

Rob Stampfli res at colnet.uucp
Fri Feb 22 10:40:35 AEST 1991

In article <12347 at helios.TAMU.EDU>, dlb5404 at tamuts.tamu.edu (Daryl
Biberdorf) writes:
> I was going to hook up the old C.Itoh Prowriter 8510 this weekend
> when I noticed that my 3B1 uses a female centronics connector instead
> of the more common DB-25 for its parallel port.  After calling around,
> no local businesses stock the male centronics-male centronics cable I need
> and special ordering it looks like it will cost more than I think it should.
> :)  So I guess I'll make my own.

Another option would be to buy two IBM printer cables, which can sometimes
be had quite cheaply because of their demand, and tie the DB-25 ends together
with a gender changer.  Works fine.  Or, if you want to use the printer with
the 3B1 *and* a DOS box, substitute an A-B box for the gender changer.
--
Rob Stampfli, 614-864-9377, res at kd8wk.uucp (osu-cis!kd8wk!res), kd8wk at n8jyv.oh