uucp simulators for the pc

John Opalko, N7KBT jgo at mcgp1.UUCP
Thu Feb 7 08:55:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb5.194908.15223 at odin.corp.sgi.com> fetik at frodo.corp.sgi.com (Richard Fetik) writes:

>I have been reading this group for only a short while but I'm very happy it
>exists with the name that it has - if it's rmgrouped them those of us who want
>a group for UUCP on ibm compatibles will only have to create one.

Then you had better go ahead and create one because this group has nothing
whatsoever to do with IBM compatibles.

The "unix-pc" part of the name refers to a specific 68010-based machine that
runs UNIX.  It's the AT&T UNIX-PC, aka 7300, aka 3B1, aka Convergent Safari 4.

"PC" doesn't just mean Intel platforms, you know.  It means "personal
computer," regardless of manufacturer.

It's just this kind of confusion that prompted the name change.