premature dropping of unix-pc.*

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Wed Feb 20 02:36:46 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb18.113841.19560 at cbnews.att.com> mvadh at cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) writes:
>In article <1066 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:
>"file (what happens when you have one half of a dual-posted article
>"aliased to the other half?)
>you get *both* articles, and one doesn't get junked when you read the
>other (at least at our site...).

We're running Cnews here, and we get 2 copies of the article.  There's
only one on the disk (the multiple copies are linked), but it's still
scary to see 100 new messages in comp.sys.3b1 (cause of crossposting
to c.s.att and u-p.general)!

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey