the Doctor

Dennis Zientara zientara at kodak.kodak.com
Sun Feb 17 07:49:11 AEST 1991

I have been monitoring the discussion about the doctor through it's
entire cycle. It has been interesting to say the least.

I noticed that everyone who got involved, did so voluntarily. Nobody
was forced to read or participate.

I saw that many immature participants responded with obsenity and/or
profanity. Others also obviously immature, tried to participate by
having the biggest mouth :-) Still others tried to prevail by virtue
of sheer volume of postings.

The literally hundreds and hundreds of postings with reasonable prices
seems to indicate that:

	1) Although the Doctor's view wasn't popular, it was very
           correct. Let's call him Dr Who ;-)

	2) Although the person trying to sell his equipment has many
           followers, they did not chip in and buy his equipment as
           a show of support. (just words, words are cheap)

	3) Perhaps the original poster will eventually lower his prices
           and be able to sell his equipment also.

I also noticed that many of the original respondents like Jan, Lenny,
Augustine, and more have wisely retreated from the limelight of a discussion
that has gravitated to rather juvenile groppling. Those with more juvenile
personalities have remained and have been joined by sleepers crawling out
of the cracks of the woodwork like scavengers cleaning up after a great
feast or slaughter, which ever way you view the discussion.

Personally I have enjoyed observing the discussion. How about a new newsgroup:
comp.sys.3b1.discussions where people can argue over things that they have
no knowledge about ? without being unduly criticized ??  After all, this group
is loaded with VERY opinionated readers with VERY LARGE egos.
the sleeper

juvenile