Pegasys & DWB

guy.r.berentsen guy at cbnewsc.att.com
Wed Feb 20 05:16:18 AEST 1991

PEGASYS was available from a 3rd party software vendor.

I was looking for a cad-cam system for the 3b1 for a neighbor
several years ago and I talked to someone that had used the first
release of PEGASYS. His report was that it was pretty good,
but had several deficiencies that prevented him from using it for
real serious work. The vendor had promised to correct these
deficiencies, in a new release, but the new release may have
been canceled when the unix pc was canceled.

My recollection is that PEGASYS was quite expensive ($2-3K).

Re DWB - Most of what I would want from dwb (a good version of troff)
has been available from elan (EROFF).
The 3b1 version of this package was (maybe still is) sold for ~$900 .

I would assume that most people willing to spend ~$900 for troff
already have it and dwb would have to be offered at a substantialy
lower price to generate additional interest.