Dial in on a 3b1.

Marty Lefkowitz lefko at vaxwaller.UUCP
Wed Feb 13 05:32:37 AEST 1991

I have a 3b1 with a arcer 2400 bauld modem hooked up to tty000.
I'm having problems geting my system to understand that a call is
coming in.  I can call out.  I've done this by hooking line 8 from the
computer to line 20 to the modem with my breakout box.  Here is a copy
of my inittab

:sccs	"@(#)fndetc:inittab	1.2"
: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!!! IT IS PROGRAM-MODIFIED!!!!!
:
: The following states are used :
:	s = single user
:	2 = general single or multiple user mode
: REPEAT:  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!!! IT IS PROGRAM-MODIFIED!!!!!
is:2:initdefault:
rc::bootwait:/etc/rc > /dev/null 2>&1
 vid:2:respawn:/etc/getty window 9600
:ph0:2:respawn:/etc/getty ph0 1200
 ph1:2:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -r -t60 ph1 1200
 000:2:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty  -r -t60 tty000 2400
 001:2:respawn:/etc/getty tty001 9600
 002:2:respawn:/etc/getty tty002 9600

I tried the uugetty with the -h option and nothing.  The modem
connects, but nothing comes out.  I've also achieved multiple logins.
Can anybody point me where to look or know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Marty