More on FTP causing kernel panics

Jim Sanchez jim at syteke.be
Fri Feb 22 01:16:31 AEST 1991

After my last posting describing my problem with kernel panics while
doing ftps to my DOS pc I thought I would include a couple of things
about my setup.  This is after Thad's hectoring me about using a
MS-DOS pc :-) (It's a joke son).  Anyway, still do not have any good
suggestions about the problem and here is the output of:
(a) /etc/lddrv/drivers
ate
nipc
kbd
cmb
ether

(b) /etc/lddrv/lddrv -s

 DEVNAME  ID  BLK CHAR  LINE   SIZE    ADDR     FLAGS
    wind   0   -1    7   -1  0x9000   0x54000 ALLOC BOUND
     ate   1   -1   -1   -1  0x1000   0x5d000 ALLOC BOUND
    nipc   2   -1   -1   -1  0x7000  0x360000 ALLOC BOUND
     kbd   3   -1   10   -1  0x1000   0x5e000 ALLOC BOUND
     cmb   4   -1   -1   -1  0x3000  0x367000 ALLOC BOUND
   ether   5   -1   11   -1 0x13000  0x36a000 ALLOC BOUND

Neither of these looks very weird to me.  So again any ideas or should
I just live with it.  It seems to be dependent on system activity and
I avoid ftps like the plague when news is unbatching.  I have run
memory tests a while back and did not discover anything.

Oh the panic is a NMI error but I suspect that is rather generic.

Thanks
--
Jim Sanchez          | jim at syteke.be (PREFERRED)
Hughes LAN Systems   | OR uunet!mcsun!ub4b!syteke!jim
Brussels Belgium     | OR jim at hls.com