Return-Receipt's

Bruce Lilly bruce at balilly.UUCP
Sat Feb 9 11:50:16 AEST 1991

In article <58 at morwyn.UUCP> forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:
>I have compliled successfully and USE smail3.1 PL18 on my unix-pc.  But
>I noted that smail doesn't automatically generate a return receipt as
>other systems do, and wondered if someone has resolved this issue?

(This may not be what you want to hear...) Return-Receipt-To: is a
sendmail-specific feature.

The IDA enhancements to sendmail, at least as of 5.65+IDA1.3.5, will
compile and run on a 3b1.  The aforementioned version (source) is
available from osu-cis.  There is also a more recent version available,
but I haven't tried it, nor have I seen it appear on any major uucp
archive site. If there's a great clamor for this, I could make a binary
version available (to replace the old one in osu-cis' ~/att7300 directory).
Here's the announcement of the latest version from a couple of months
ago: