monitor fixed

Charlie Crassi crassi at kodak.kodak.com
Wed Jan 30 01:01:07 AEST 1991

The monitor on ureka is fixed. Thanks to the 2 users who replied. I bought
a replacement from Discovery Electronics for $25 which was a bargain.

Bob Stampfli sent me a procedure to change a blown capacitor which may have
caused the original problem. Thanks Bob :-) I'll repair the old unit and
email you the results of what I find.

Beware of Discovery Electronics parts. They sent me a UNIX PC humpped case
which they had broken the front left corner off of by not undoing all of the
screws and then forcing the cover. Praise the Lord for Superglue .......
--
charlie