corrupted phone database

charlie crassi charlie at ureka.UUCP
Thu Jan 31 10:14:29 AEST 1991

I believe I posted this before but got zero replies so here goes again.

I would like to know if anyone has found a way to recover the lost file
.phdir when the phone manager crashes with the database open. Recently,
I called up my phone directory to retrieve an unlisted phone number of
a friend. When I did the manager crashed. After that occasion, the .phdir
in EVERY account was trash. The phone manager would not recognize ANY
.phdir. However, it would allow you to start over from scratch and it
would create a new file and work properly from it.

Now I need to recover the corrupted file to retrieve all of the private
unlisted and business contact phone numbers. I could write a getc putc
routine to retreive the ascii portions and reconstruct the database again
but I don't want to if someone else has already figured this mess out.

Any help would be appreciated :-)
--
charlie