help with downloads/finding an upgrade

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Fri Jun 28 00:41:56 AEST 1991

james at dlss2.UUCP (James Cummings) writes:

|	Seriously consider going to something else, possibly pcomm.
|With pcomm you can put in any external protocol you with, including zmodem.
|I run it on mine and like it much, *much* better than the phone manager
|and umodem...I also run a Hayes 2400 (wishing for a Telebit) that makes
|life much nicer than 1200 baud.
[ ... ]

Pcomm is GREAT for that, BUT it doesn't offer the TERMINAL EMULATION
(ie vt100) that the async_main program does.  If it did, that would
make it all the BETTER!  I wrote Emmet about this and never got a
response, so I assume he isn't really that interested in implementing
it.  Has anyone else out there more ideas for this or changed pcomm to
their liking successfully? (not that there's much to change!)  I'd
really like to hear some comments on this.  How difficult WOULD it be
to implement TERMINAL EMULATION like vt100?

Thanks in advance,

Forrie
--

Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   (a reliable path here someday)   |forrie at morwyn.UUCP