Virtual memory and exhaustion

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Thu Jun 27 11:34:54 AEST 1991

I've been noticing this problem more and more recently as I attempt
to compile things.  And the problem is consistently saying :

	"Virtual Memory exhausted ..."

Now, I don't understand why others with nearly the SAME configuration
would NOT have this problem and I do (or is it just my luck?).

My configuration is as follows:

	3.51m kernel
	3.51 development set
	2 meg RAM
	67 meg hard-disk

I have recently had this problem when trying to compile the GNU
fileutils programs.  This is version 2.01 I am compiling... yet
the previous version I had (1.14?) I had absolutely no problem.

Also, this machine doesn't like to compile PERL either... so I had
to snarf the executables from elsewhere.

I would appreciate some insight on this problem, as well as any way(s)
to resolve it (if any at all!).

Thanks,

Forrie
--

Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   (a reliable path here someday)   |forrie at morwyn.UUCP