Compiling BASH 1.08 on the 3b1

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Sun Jun 23 02:02:47 AEST 1991

I recently obtained the src to the latest release of BASH (1.08), and am
having problems getting it to begin compiling...

Someone have an explanation for the following? --

make   -f bash-Makefile
gcc -shlib -O -traditional -I/usr/include   -DHAVE_VPRINTF -DHAVE_UNISTD_H   -DVOID_SIGHANDLER -DUSG -DHAVE_WAIT_H  -D"morwyn" -DBrainDeath -DSHELL -o endian.aux endian.c
make[1]: execve: /bin/sh: Arg list too long
make[1]: *** [endian.aux] Error 127
make: *** [all] Error 1

This is a new one.  I tried using both GNU make and the standard make, with
the same error(s).  I'd like to get this compiled...

Thanks,

Forrie
--

Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   (a reliable path here someday)   |forrie at morwyn.UUCP