more than 126 tokens in YACC ?

Jack Stephens jms at wzlr.UUCP
Wed Jun 5 05:45:43 AEST 1991

Well, I got the scanner to work like a champ. Couldn't use lex, as it
generated a 486K *executable* but that's another story.  I now have a
hand coded 32K screamer that does the trick nicely.

I went to begin the grammar that is supposed to be driven by this thing
and decided to start slow. Nothing more than a list of "%token KEYWORD"
pairs and a trailing "%%".  Issued a "yacc -d grammar.y" to make sure that
y.tab.h would agree with the hand tooled version I had been using and I
get:

 fatal error: too many terminals, limit 127, line 125

 Will some kind soul tell me this is all a bad dream ?  Failing that,
 how 'bout a work around ?

 Jack

|Jack Stephens (jms at infmx -or- jms at wzlr)         'Cannons to the left of them,|
|Unix Systems Programmer                          Nikons to the right of them,|
|Informix Software, Menlo Park CA                and nobody remembered film !'|