gcc-cc1 dumping core and fatal signal 6

Bruce Lilly bruce at balilly
Tue Jun 18 08:26:09 AEST 1991

In article <125 at morwyn.UUCP> forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:
>Once again, I ask if anyone out there is having this same problem with
>the latest release of gcc (1.40)... whenever I go to compile something
>no matter what it is I get the message:
[ ... ]
>Program cc1 got fatal signal 6.
[ ... ]
>I can't place any calls to gcc-cc1, as it will simply dump core.  Could this be
>due to a bad transfer?  Is ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVING THIS PROBLEM???

No problem here -- I got my copy via ftpmail at wrl.dec.com (binary/btoa)
from csvax.  I've recently compiled the latest IDA/UIUC/NIU sendmail
sources (several times) with it, which is a pretty severe test.

Where/how did you get your copy?

--
	Bruce Lilly		bruce%balilly at Broadcast.Sony.COM