nethack3p10 on unixpc/3b1/7300

Jim Mercer merce at iguana.uucp
Thu Jun 27 14:01:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun26.041914.25466 at iguana.uucp> merce at iguana.uucp (Jim Mercer) writes:
>i have compiled and run nethack3p9 on my 3b1.

i have now also compiled nethack3p10.

>i used gcc -traditional for all modules except monst.c which died in gcc
>but was successful with the stock compiler.

ditto

>the problem i have is that when i use the 's' search function, it dies.

the error message is Memory fault

>i just shelled out and tried it again, and it didn't die on me.
>
>grrr.

hmmm.... this is really wierd.

if i log in, type "nethack<cr>NV at s" (run nethack, No, Valkirie, autopickup off,
search),  it dies with a Memory fault.

if i log in, run rn, follow up an article, shell out from vi, then do the above
it does not diee, but the search function does not seem to work.

ie:

>however, in my several attempts to find secret doors at the end of a couple
>dead end tunnels, the search function now appears not to work at all.
>(the 1st level screen showed 3 rooms, all on the left side of the screen,
>with one of the tunnels leading off to the right.)

hmmmm.....

>anyways, i am currently building 3p10 in hopes that it might go away.

it didn't

>i am also recompiling everything with gcc -traditional as i might have
>compiled a few with the stock compiler.

rebuilt everything with gcc -traditional, except monst.o

>i'll let you know what happens.

not much changed.

i'm gonna try another rebuild, this time leaving out the shared libraries.

[ jeez i love nethack  8^) ]

--
[ Jim Mercer   work: jim at lsuc.on.ca  home: merce at iguana.uucp  +1 519 570-3467 ]
[   "If you've got the technology, you can party."  Labatt's beer commercial  ]