vfprintf

Thaddeus P. Floryan thad at public.BTR.COM
Fri Jun 7 06:31:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun6.030111.6761 at ms.uky.edu> amir at ms.uky.edu (Amir Sadr) writes:
>I am trying to compile the TeX previewer which I recently got from the OSU
>UNIXpc archives and I am having difficulties.  The program uses vfprintf()
>which is not in any of the libraries on 3.51 software.
>[...]

I disagree.  vfprintf() is in the normal library; it is NOT in the shared lib.

To wit:

thadlabs ksh 1443/1444> ar -tv /lib/libc.a vfprintf.o
rw-r--r--     0/     0    426 Apr 18 20:30 1987 vfprintf.o
thadlabs ksh 1443/1444> grep -in print /lib/shlib.ifile
205:printf = _tbase + 0x39c;
206:fprintf = _tbase + 0x3a2;
207:sprintf = _tbase + 0x3a8;
332:wprintf = _tbase + 0x696;
333:printw = _tbase + 0x69c;
381:eprintf = _tbase + 0x7bc;
thadlabs ksh 1443/1444>

There are instructions (perhaps in the osu-cis archives) for building a new
shared lib containing the several functions missing in the shared lib.

To use those functions (not in the shared lib), one simple method is to
extract them from /lib/libc.a and load them explicitly with one's objects.

Thad Floryan [ thad at btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]