nethack3p10 on unixpc/3b1/7300

Jim Mercer merce at iguana.uucp
Wed Jun 26 14:19:14 AEST 1991

i have compiled and run nethack3p9 on my 3b1.

i used gcc -traditional for all modules except monst.c which died in gcc
but was successful with the stock compiler.

the problem i have is that when i use the 's' search function, it dies.

grrr...

i just shelled out and tried it again, and it didn't die on me.

grrr.

however, in my several attempts to find secret doors at the end of a couple
dead end tunnels, the search function now appears not to work at all.
(the 1st level screen showed 3 rooms, all on the left side of the screen,
with one of the tunnels leading off to the right.)

wierd bug.  has anyone else heard of this?
has anyone else build nethack3p{9,10} on a 3b1?

anyways, i am currently building 3p10 in hopes that it might go away.

i am also recompiling everything with gcc -traditional as i might have
compiled a few with the stock compiler.

i'll let you know what happens.

--
[ Jim Mercer   work: jim at lsuc.on.ca  home: merce at iguana.uucp  +1 519 570-3467 ]
[   "If you've got the technology, you can party."  Labatt's beer commercial  ]