Mgr help requested

Scott Ballantyne sdb%hotmomma at uunet.uu.net
Sun Jun 2 09:14:36 AEST 1991

Hopefully, one of you mgr guru's out there will be able to help on
this:

I installed the vidpal mod (very easy hack, BTW), and got the mgr cpio
from OSU-CIS.  I have the win-3b1 stuff, so I used the patch for the
pty's.  Compiled mgr, everything is fine.

I issue the mgr command, and get the nifty startrek copyright screen,
which instructs me to press a key, but refuses to do anything when I
do press it.

I have checked all the obvious stuff - mgr is suid to root, I'm not
kbd in /etc/lddrv/drivers, and are the versions that came with mgr.

It seems the problem is in select () - it appears to be returning
EFAULT. I'll keep poking at it, but if anyone has any ideas or
suggestions, I'll be interested in hearing them.

Thanks,
sdb
--
{sdb%hotmomma at uunet.uu.net | hotmomma!sdb at uunet.uu.net | uunet!hotmomma!sdb}
"A hacker is a machine for turning caffeine into programs"